ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Looking to locate a home made beam antenna article

Aug 1st 2011, 21:43

KA7RRA

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Note: This topic was moved from Technical Discussions to Technical Q&A.

I'm looking for a Antenna that I saw in QST magazine I think back 2004-2006. It is a 2 element beam( maybe QUAD) made out of PCV pipes (tubes) I HAVE looked in the QST ARCIEVES (SP) but have not found it yet IF I remember the antenna looked like a long V with a 18 inch support in the middle but I can't remember this is the best I can do

Dave
KA7RRA
Aug 2nd 2011, 12:28

W1VT

Super Moderator

Jan 1998 - QST (Pg. 61)
A 2-Meter Phased-Array Antenna

Author: Thomas, Harold J., K6GWN
Need to be logged in to download the article:
http://p1k.arrl.org/pubs_archive/93618
Keywords: ANTENNA CONSTRUCTION VHF 2 METER VERTICAL ARRAY PHASE HOMEBREW

Aug 2nd 2011, 15:30

w1rfi

Super Moderator

Thanks, Zack,

I've done the same thing, recalling that I read an article in an issue from a few years past, only to find it a number of years earlier. The lesson, of course, is to search the archives going back a few years.

With the [i[QST[/i] editors' penchant for using cute titles, unfortunately, putting "antenna" in the search box doesn't help a lot, and even in cases where we've added keywords to the index, there are a LOT of antenna articles. I sometimes download the Table of Contents and see if the title rings the memory bell.

Many issues do have an annual index, but a few of the archive entries are broken. The Lab guys hope to get cracking on fixing errors in the archives fairly soon. A lot of the older articles have bad page jumps.

Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
Technical forums moderator

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn