ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

K4D Dog Island DXpedition EL79

Apr 18th 2017, 06:37

k5ten@aol.com

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
K5TEN will activate Dog Island IOTA DXPEDITION (NA-085) with the call sign K4D, June 3 to June 10th (Z) 2017. The 481st Anniversary Of The Founding Of Dog Island By Spanish Explorers.

Dog Island, Florida is an extremely rare IOTA because access is controlled by the 20 or so homeowners on the island. There are no hams on the island and the only activation's have been my own the last 4 years. There have been no activation s on the island other than my own in research able history. Access is by permission only and permission by one of the homeowners. I have done this DXPEDITION yearly and it will be my 4th year in a row getting this rare island on the air. It is only accessible by private charter or single engine fixed wing aircraft. The airstrip is overgrown so private charter is the only real choice. Cost for the rent per week, charter both ways, and all provisions for the week are dear, and heavy. That's why I ask for SASE. These activation's are a BLAST as many EU/NA/SA/and OC stations collect IOTA Islands. The Radio Society of Great Britain organizes the IOTA Program and REQUIRES PAPER QSL's so prepare to work me and get the sharp looking commemorative QSL.

There are no streets, roads, stop signs, trendy cafes, or beachfront bars. If you need it you bring it. It's just you and a beachfront QTH for a week.

Operation will be both SSB and CW. Definite plan: 40M thru 6M, SSB, CW, I will be checking 10M and 6M often for Sporadic E. Look for me daylight USA on 15 and 20 meters, nighttime 30 and 40M. Possible Plan: 80 meters as well, depending if I can safely get the 80M Doublet up.

I WILL BE ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE JUNE ARRL VHF CONTEST!

QSL VIA K5TEN, SASE REQUIRED for stateside and DX, DX $2 USA REQUIRED.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn