ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

percent of hams participating in contests

Aug 30th 2018, 16:47

AE8W

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Are there any statistics for this?

The county I live in has nearly 2000 hams per QRZ. I get the impression, from my own anecdotal data gathering of reading ham club email, that there are maybe 100 hams that participate in the entire county. That sounds very low, but I will bet that there are definitely less than 200.

What is reality?

-Jeff NE1U

Jun 17th 2020, 15:05

K8BZ

Apparently more contesters than forum readers, HI.
Aug 26th 2021, 13:26

N1JWW

I make contacts with contesters during State QSO partys..... Does that make me a contester? I hope not....

N1JWW
Nov 5th 2021, 12:31

K0TQ

At this time I am experiencing one of the toughest issues to resolve that I've dealt with in my 25+ years of contesting. I can totally understand why new hams may be shy of getting into today's contesting environment with all the software, SDR rigs, etc. Sort of makes me miss the old simple times. Okay, that's my soap box, see everyone on CW Sweeps! 73!

Michael K0TQ
Jan 10th 2022, 10:47

KG5VK

Quote by K0TQ
At this time I am experiencing one of the toughest issues to resolve that I've dealt with in my 25+ years of contesting. I can totally understand why new hams may be shy of getting into today's contesting environment with all the software, SDR rigs, etc. Sort of makes me miss the old simple times. Okay, that's my soap box, see everyone on CW Sweeps! 73!

Michael K0TQ

Michael, In what way are you having issues
Drop me an email and I will help or refer you to someone that can
Yes, there are a lot of software choices for everything these days
I recommend trying one and then another until you find what works best for you, for me I like N1MM+ not just because it is FREE but mainly because of the great support from the N1MM+ Team

Drop me an email, maybe I can help you find the right tools so you too will Love contesting

Happy New Year!
Steve KG5VK
KG5VK at ARRL dot ORG
Jan 16th 2022, 11:12

W5ESE

I collected some Sweepstakes participation data, and compared to the number of licensees at the time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Adwk-EdjLG6D1QQ8s8rSmIJvPt6RATUJvn9inctwQtU/edit?usp=sharing

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn