ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Arduino RTTY w Keyboard to AFSK Output

Dec 9th 2021, 15:59

W6FGH

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I programmed an Arduino UNO Rev3 to translate input Keyboard (ASCII) characters into output RTTY character Tones. Without using a PC or Sound Card, what is the best way to connect the Arduino output audio Pin directly into an IC7300 Microphone Jack for transmit only, without damaging the radio or Arduino due to power, current connectivity, etc. issues? (No need for an output LCD display screen to see what I know I am typing... And, I can use the IC7300 RTTY display screen for inbound receiving characters only). I also programmed an ASCII character (Up Arrow) on the Arduino to hopefully toggle the PTT on/off at the microphone jack (via another Pin and a separate Relay unit to satisfy any Arduino/Mic Jack voltage differences requirements), so that PTT connectivity is also within the scope of this question. Thank you in advanced for any suggestions/recommendations! 9Dec2021 (Veteran Navy RM3 CV43) W6FGH

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn