ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

New ARRL website / changes?

Mar 31st 2022, 16:59

PE1HZG

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
After some downtime, the ARRL website is back, and it is "the new ARRL website". Perhaps we can use this place to discuss what has changed, what is good, and what it bad.

As ARRL life member the website is now obscured by a big picture "Make the most of your amateur license ...". I consider this a negative, it obscures access to the news section, I now have to scroll past this useless section to see the news.

On the new website, the ARRL forum (this forum) is no longer accessible. On the old website I had to find a link; now I had to use the search engine. The forum sees little use (it is a far cry from eham.net, qrz or some of the Dutch and German fora I frequent) and I wonder about an opportunity missed.

The website announcement speaks about me having to change my member credentials but not only is that not true, I'm still logged in.

Please understand I'm not trying to sound negative, but I am trying to find "what has changed", the question on "why" and whether it is a good idea. So far I have not seen a lot of changes, perhaps I missed something?
Mar 31st 2022, 19:36

KA0MVK

Funny, it let me post that reply, even though the forum is acting like I'm not a member.

edit: That was weird, it posted 5 minutes in the past?
Mar 31st 2022, 19:41

KA0MVK

Yeah, found out that I missed some emails/notifications about this happening. The site is seriously broken, wouldn't log me in with my old credentials, so I had to create a new account, that would not let me manually enter my callsign. All so I could go renew my membership that was expiring today (had too many bills, didn't get to it until now). Now some parts of the site indicate the old info and shows like I have a membership, but when I go to renew it says I don't have one. And the phone number for calling about that is closed until Monday. I'm a little frustrated by this.
Apr 1st 2022, 08:42

AB1QP

I suspect they will get all this ironed out eventually, but the whole process was an embarrassment to ARRL. The term Amateur should apply to the license and hobby, not the website operation.
Apr 1st 2022, 09:29

AB3FN

And my computer still flags the ARRL site as "Not Secure" !!! I concur that Forums really, really should be more easily accessible.
Apr 2nd 2022, 11:50

K4SAA

Same here, I can login under my new registration and it shows that I'm a valid member. When I go to member only areas it will not accept the new login credentials and goes to the "old" login screen (old login doesn't work either and reset brings me to the new login screen). When I go to the webinar/classes area it brings up the new login screen and tell's me my login information is not valid. I can't view the online periodicals with the new login screen. My arrl email is rejecting now as well. No go on Chrome, Edge, Opera and Safari... Hopefully they will figure this out soon...
Apr 5th 2022, 16:32

K9AO

I did manage to eventually get the web site login working. The first few times it had my account info correct but someone else's name and section showed up on the top of the pages, though the rest was right. That eventually straightened out.

The iOS digital magazine app login wasn't working. It now works but with the old password (that I had tried and didn't work all weekend). So I expect this will eventually break when they sync the passwords to the new site password database. The ARRL site online magazine reading also uses this old password as of now.

This has certainly been quite the experience on how not to do this, I'd say.
Apr 6th 2022, 21:09

N3EN

I finally got my account working by continually re-registering until the two areas (User benefits login and user account login) synchronized all my data. Before that it would accept my login in my user account but not for member benefits. After that was all working I finally got the 2 step verification code working with the Microsoft code generator on my phone. The whole process seemed not too smooth, unfortunately.
Jun 14th 2022, 13:57

K0WUQ

This my latest attempt to post to the forums. I am working with Dennis Budd K3DGB at ARRL to resolve my problem. If you can see this, it means my problem is resolved and I can post again!

Please feel free to delete this test post.
Larry K0WUQ

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn