ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Need Help Selecting Antenna

Oct 12th, 20:16

rkleonard@hotmail.com

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi folks -
Complete Noob here. I full time in my RV (36 foot 5th wheel). No license yet, but I’m wanting to gear up. Considering an IC 705 or Yaesu FT911a.

Having trouble finding an antenna that I can use with either box and that is easily deployed and torn down. Was looking at Shark Ham Sticks and a Chameleon antenna Spider base. Looks like they don’t make that Chameleon model anymore.

Not really wanting to deploy long wire antennas (spend a lot of time in Campgrounds and don’t want that mess catching the wrong persons eye). Anyway, are there any quick deployable vertical antennas that will work well with Shark Ham Sticks, or some other type? Any dipole set ups that work well with Ham Sticks (Like the Chameleon?). I want to work with all the available freaquencies/bands available to Technicians that I can, so any solution would allow the flexibility to add on later (I hope).

Any thoughts/comments/recommendations are greatly appreciated. Be nice - I’m a Noob. LOL

73 (Is that what we say here?)
Bob

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn