ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

School Clubs

Jun 16th 2012, 15:53

K9OF

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I teach HS math at a private school for children who have learning disabilities. Last year, I sponsored a Technology Club which featured radio prominently. For the 2012-13 school, I will be able to add an HF/VHF/UHF station within my classroom. I am in the process of applying for a club license and am looking for a sample or actual club charter or bylaws that I can adapt for my school's club. Any help appreciated!

tnx & 73,
John, K9OF
K9OF@arrl.net
Jun 26th 2012, 01:07

W5AFD

Hi John and Group,

I am also in the process of organizing a School Club in my School District. If anyone has any sample bylaws or constitution I would like to see a copy also.

Thanks and 73,
Albert Dupont
W5AFD
w5afd.albert@gmail.com
Jun 26th 2012, 11:17

WA8SME

Super Moderator

Hi John and Albert,

Don't over think the issue of the by-laws. The first place to look would be in your school district policies. Some school districts have very strick policies regarding club management, particularly if fund raising is involved. There are probably a number of good examples of successful club by-laws in your school that you can use as a template. Second, do a quick Google search for amateur radio school club by-laws and you will get a couple of hits. Those examples will give you some ideas of the topics specific to ham radio. Then match them up with your district shell and you should get some useable by-laws.

Mark

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn