ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Plans for LoTW?

Nov 26th 2012, 19:00

NK7Z

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi,

Does anyone at ARRL HQ have the authority to divulge the ARRL's long term plans for LoTW?

Given the problems of late, it seems to me that a statement beyond the existing statement from the ARRL would calm down a lot of the chatter going on now in the various forums.

73's
Dave
http://www.nk7z.net
Dec 12th 2012, 19:37

NK3V

In my estimation the future of LoTW is 'shaky'.....

I just spent a couple of hours trying to help a fellow ham reinstall his LoTW. He was pulling his hair out and since I am a happy LoTW user I thought I could be of help. Boy was I wrong.

I must have been very lucky when I got my LoTW up and running a year and a half ago because trying to reinstall it on his computer was an exercise in frustration.

It took him over 3 weeks, 2 email requests and a phone call to finally get a new certificate. His initial email request for a new certificate never was answered.

Next he didn't have any luck getting LoTW to recognize his new certificate - that's where I thought I could help him. No dice. The program will just not recognize his .tq6 file.

Anyway this ARRL member for over 40 years is seriously wondering why he's a member if he can't use the services his membership fees are supporting.

I hope they get this fixed soon - it's just NOT user friendly, particularly to those not computer geeks.

Jim
NK3V
Mar 28th 2014, 17:22

KC2UGV

LoTW should just do away with the signing requirement for logs of your own that you upload.

That would resolve about 90% of the frustration people have with the app.
Apr 7th 2014, 19:04

M0ELS

I also had problems and went to club log. Bliss !
John - m0els

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn