ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

email forwarding

Apr 18th 2018, 14:09

0007071254H80

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0

how can I obtain an ARRL e mail address?
Apr 18th 2018, 17:18

W1VT

Super Moderator

You can edit your profile to provide an email address and opt-in to having email forwarded from wd4dgc@arrl.net forwarded to that email address.

Zak Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Sep 19th 2021, 21:46

VK3AS

Is this only available to US hams ? VK3AS
Apr 6th 2022, 18:07

W9CBS

With the new ARRL website, I don't see the option to set up email forwarding options under the account profile. Is this something that will be added in the future?
Apr 7th 2022, 08:38

W1VT

Super Moderator

Blue tab labeled "Communication"
Contact Information
Apr 7th 2022, 15:35

W9CBS

Perhaps I am missing something, and I am a new member that joined after the recent change in your website. There is no email forwarding option in my account under Communication > Contact Information. You will also notice my userid when I post shows "u1000101618" when I post instead of my callsign. Strange...
Apr 13th 2022, 01:42

W9CBS

I did report the email forwarding problem to ARRL technical support, and they think it has something to do with my recently acquired vanity callsign. For some reason there is no forwarding option appearing under My Account > Communication > Contact Information. So far no resolution to the problem.

In the meantime, thanks to whoever fixed my posts to reflect my callsign instead of "u" followed by ARRL member number. That also appears to be an artifact of the new website behavior.
May 24th 2022, 16:01

AI5RR

Following some of the info here, I just tried to set up forwarding. In myArrl in Contact Info, I added another email. When I selected that option I got a box that popped up that said Location ( I believe that I recall ) and I selected ARRL.net Forwarding.... and for the email address I put in KG5JAI@arrl.net (this was simply a guess and may have been wrong!).

I then tried to send and email to kg5jai@arrl.net from my laptop ... and the email attempt bounced citing that the email address was not found.

Not sure what I will try next....but that sure didn't work.....
May 25th 2022, 09:04

W1VT

Super Moderator

The email address is the address of the email account you want email sent to kg5jai@arrl.net forwarded to. Obviously you can't forward email from Kg5jai@arrl.net to Kg5jai@arrl.net. You will need to supply something like a cox.net or gmail account.
May 27th 2022, 22:31

KK7FRE

I discovered a solution to my issue getting the web form to work so I thought I would post it. Maybe it will help someone. My user id was set to my home email address so when I tried to create the arrl.net forward I would get a dialog pop up indicating that there were bad characters in the email. I could not figure this out for a while then when I posted to a forum I realized my user ID was posting as my email. So I went to my profile page and changed my user ID to my call sign and then the web page would work. So, once I picked the forward arrl.net in the drop down I could enter the email to forward to and it worked. So the web form automatically creates userid@arrl.net.
Jun 19th 2022, 10:23

KD8IOU

Does it take a while to process the addition of the email forwarding? I added this about an our ago and it is still not working. I did validate that the email address that I am forwarding to is working correctly as I am able to send email directly to it.
Jun 19th 2022, 12:12

KD8IOU

Question answered: It does appear to take some time to process the change or addition.

I just sent another test message and it worked correctly. In my case about 2.5 hours +/-
Oct 9th 2023, 23:51

N1GEX

The arrl.net email forwarding is not working for me.
The opt-in section is filled out with my forward-to email address and I tested it from another (3rd) email account (after waiting several days) without success.

One possibility I thought of is my username which is apparently used as part of the arrl.net email address (username@arrl.net). My username is in capital letters (N1GEX rather than n1gex - habit I guess). I tried sending to both upper and lower case versions, again without success.

Does anyone know if the arrl.net email forwarder is case sensitive for username?
Thought I'd check before bugging the team at HQ...

UPDATE 10/19/2023
Email forwarding now works. It seems that I was faked out by a very long forwarding delay of 3 hours, for unknown reasons, at the time I tested it. Testing again after waiting several more days showed a more typical delay of less than 1 minute.

As for case sensitivity, I tested both upper and lower case and both work.

So, forwarding was working the entire time, as I changed nothing to make it work, other than waiting longer. I guess I chose a bad time to test. :)

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn